Sunday, April 20, 2008

Flash! All That Bull

Hold onto your stetsons, Big Woolly Cats, there's a new bull in town, and he's aiming to star in his own story as the heroine's to-ride 'em and not die, yippee ki yay! hero...
Check out all the cow shifter and talon-fierce critters in the fiction flashes at the Liquid Silver blog ~liquidsilverbooks.com/blog ~
Flash! All That Bull
ONE
Damn! Like this is how I wanted to spend my Sunday. On stupid repairs. I pounded the third nail into the loose middle board of my old corral. I wouldn’t have bothered, except I needed it fixed for my new Arab colt.
Ouch! The hammer smacked my thumb. Damn it to effing hell! Worse! Now sweat beaded on my forehead, threatening to sting my eyes.
I bent over, pounding the stubborn nail. Damn! I stilled. A large snout snuffled, pressed against my crotch. Sniffing, blowing loudly, the animal’s muzzle pushed upward, snuggling.
None of my horses were in the corral.

TWO
I whirled around, the hammer poised like a weapon. The huge coffee-colored eyes of a longhorn bull met me. His coat was a shiny healthy liver red. His immense spread of white horns gleamed beneath the noon sun. From what I could see, flattened against my corral post, with my heart thundering, he was all sleek ferocious muscle. And beating him with the hammer would most likely have only enraged him. Calm in my panic I merely stared back at him, then asked, "Have a home?"
My answer. His nostrils flared. Stepping closer, he thrust his muzzle against my loins.

THREE
Blowing loudly, he slowly rubbed his muzzle up the zipper of my jeans. Almost delicately, he snuffled the thin hugging fabric of my tank top. My sweat-damp tank top.
"I’ll bet someone’s looking for you," I crooned softly, half-mesmerized by the look of rut glinting from his hooded eyes.
Surprised when his muzzle shoved between my breasts, my belly leaped as if a bullet had struck.
Omygawd! Naked as a jaybird, the cowboy I’d refused to dance with last night stood pressed against me. I dropped the hammer, reached back to clutch the post. My breath poured out in gusts.

A lotta bull smooch from the Kougar...

No comments: