Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Purrs from New Atlantis

Lovely Big Cats, take a sweet stroll over to the Romantic Times magazine website -- do enjoy the dialogue scenes of the four remaining American Title IV finalists -- Holli, Mai, Trish and Helen. Purr-enthusiastic moi enjoyed them immensely. Yes, an enigmatic kitty smile, she's not meowing about which scene got her paw-pressed vote.
For the Kougar's legions of Big Cat fans -- do not embarrassingly spray your beverage of choice while laughing -- for, somewhere in this immense and splendid universe, there must be a world where the Kougaress is worshipped and adored.
Enough, the Kougar slashes her fur-magnificent tail -- below is her dialogue entry -- all copyrights reserved, of growling-course.

Murder by Hair Spray in Gardenia, New Atlantis
by Savanna Kougar

"Why the nice treatment, Zryphus? I was dirt under your shoes when you first arrived?" Sheriff Kalypso picked up the mascara wand. "Black, black. Just like I remember."
"Sheriff," Deputy Anna called out, "finished the personal item scan. Got the body ready for transport. We’re on our way. I’ll leave the door open. Keep airing the room out."
"Thanks, Anna. You know where I am." Kalypso picked up a compact case – solid rich elegance in design. Opening it, she studied the pasty covering. "Looks real. But I never used this stuff. Couldn’t stand it. Used the sheer version they came out with – when I used makeup. – You haven’t answered my question, Zryphus."
"Bluntly, Kalypso...I want you in my bed."
Placing the compact case down delicately, Kalypso absorbed the shock. "No, I don’t think so," she slowly enunciated.
"Have a lover?" Zryphys handed her the powder case.
"None of your business, as they used to say. – Looks real. Mind if I test it with my finger?"
"Please. – You don’t have a lover. Neither do I."
"Probably because you’re married or in a committed partnership. Or you just ended an affair – something like that. No!" Kalypso shifted gears. "Feels real, smells real. Are you aware of a company, or maybe a small business that creates these replica products?"
"Three, to be exact. Can’t tell where these originated. – I’m a one woman man, Kalypso. You’d have all my attention."
"No thanks. I politely decline. – Eyelash curler. Never used one. Always looked barbaric. – Brow tweezers. Unfortunately tried this a few times. Way too painful."
"I’ll convince you. – What’s this?"
"Eyebrow darkening powder. – No, you won’t. I don’t like men when it comes to relationship crap. Perhaps you don’t know much about our social structure here. Women rule."
"I dominate in bed. In our passionate relationship."


Helen has posted a fascinating blog on Title Magic. Take a cat-sleek hop on over and enjoy. Moi's rumbling-rambling comment below:
Amanda, that's a scream about being downloaded onto youtube -- but it's certainly possible in this world of tech with all the cameras and microphones -- like in the Mac and the other computers.
Helen, wonderful subject! My thought is, since everything is frequency, it can be imbued with ill or good, the frequencies manipulated whether by the wand of a sorcerer or simply by repeated thoughts -- say, like a parrot who repeats a sound because the bird hears it over and over -- okay, so I saw those cute parrots talking and singing on Jay Leno last night.


New Atlantis kisses from the Kougar...

2 comments:

Holli Bertram said...

Nice job weaving the interplay of the romantic tension with the murder investigation! Zryphus sounds like my kind of hero. Gotta love a man who knows what he wants.
Great scene!

Savanna Kougar said...

Thank you, thank you, Holli