Friday, January 4, 2008

The Chill-Hot Tingle of Sexy

My Lovely and Long-tailed Cats, well, bobcats included, of course -- is the Kougar ever wide-smiling glad to be back on her winter-isolated prairie -- back from larder-stocking and other such life necessities. Not only for the sake of adoring the grass-lush open beauty all around her, but for the very sake of life itself.
Indeed, vampyres have invaded, the Kougaress has become convinced. Perhaps, not the blood-sucking variety -- most certainly the life force sucking variety. For all around her the population of humans are practically lifeless, locked inside their shopping stupors. The Kougar swears she felt like just one more automaton going about her larder stocking, so different to what life used to be. Sparks of life, sounds of life, breaths of life...well, perhaps, it is the just time of day...but, no, that is merely the easy rationalization against what is the profound truth. Life, that spiritual essence of creativity, is being sucked out of us all. In a hundred different ways, yet with one ultimate goal.
Control. Control is the goal.
Speaking of control, the Kougar sharply twitches her tail, scowls and wishes she could sink her angry fangs into the postal system, which failed to deliver as advertised. She merely hopes now, all things can be happily resolved with the sent-to party, since it involves her launched writer's career. All good thoughts deeply appreciated, cat or not.


Happy reading Big Cats! Charge on over to Title Magic. It's the vampire writing magic of Colleen Gleason, talk about the big chill-hot tingle of sexy!
And her latest title, Bleeding Dusk, how poetically splendid is that? Moi is quite rumbling envious.
Of course, my Kitties all, how could you escape the Kougar's comment:
Hi Colleen, I have to admit the first cover left me breathless the first time I saw in RT. And like you expressed the second cover is beautiful in its own way. But, that third cover is soooo much more breathless. And your title! I adored that title with the cover when I, again, saw it in RT. Honestly, on occasion, I will buy a book just because of its cover, even knowing I won't care for the story. However, what gets me to pick up a book is often the title. I guess I'm a title junky. Then what really sells me on a book is, if once I've drooled over the cover, and I've read the blurb and it's piqued my interest, I'll check out a page, or they used to have long excerpts. Honestly, if I didn't know the author, it would be the excerpt or page I read that sold me.Thank you for sharing, it's been invaluable. And I have cover-envy!

Chill-hot tingle kisses from the Kougar...

No comments: