Wednesday, May 21, 2008

When Heroines and Heroes Speak Beyond Their Story

Just for you, my exceptional Big Cats, the Kougar's Title Magic blog sans the first part of Baron Zaggry's interview ~
Is it Magical for You?
The question: How do you feel about interacting with a heroine and/or hero once you’ve read their story? Is it magical for you? Fun? Thrilling or satisfying? Do you gain more insights into them as characters? Or is it just a big ho-hum, and you’re not really interested? Of course, I assume, that partly depends on how much you resonated with the heroine/hero, and enjoyed their story.
To me, ‘interacting’, letting my heroines and heroes remain ‘alive’ so to speak, seems like an enchanting idea. Why not let my main characters speak, and answer the readers’ questions? However, this daydreamy twirling-around-my imagination idea is partially generated from the fact that I love my heroines and am always in love with my heroes. They are real to me. After all, they’ve been telling me their story. Or, more often showing me their story like a movie, and letting me feel what it is they are feeling for an x-amount of words.
For me, another appealing aspect of allowing my main characters to speak beyond their story, is that I enjoy acting, or playing a role. During my college years I had the opportunity to act in plays and take theater classes. To my ever-lasting prideful ego, I even had one major actor in my city, try to convince me to pursue an acting career. So, it’s a natural...can’t-change-my-leopard-spots natural...for me to ‘channel’ my heroines and heroes. And the villains. As if I’m playing a role.
Granted, I haven’t availed myself of the opportunity to interact, when it comes to the characters of other authors...yet. *Blush, blush* I have...*whispering now*...interacted with Lord Craven-Moore (lustintime.blogspot.com)...and, I must reinforce this for the sake of my reputation, interacted only in the most lady-like of ways. However, the Lord resides at the leisure and pleasure of the Lady Authors on their blog, not as a hero in any of their novels.
While I haven’t interacted, I have read a few hero ‘interviews’. One, as if the author herself interviewed her hero. Also, there are authors who devote a web page, a MySpace page, a blog page, or ~ you-tell-me pages ~ to keeping their heroine(s) and/or hero(s) alive. Sometimes, even the villains have their say. A lot of times this comes about as a clever fun way to promo a novel. Or often, by the demand of the author’s devoted readers. Personal note: Wouldn’t that be nice?
My first attempt at giving a voice to one of my main characters beyond his story...well, that dubious first honor goes to my hero in All Shades of Blue Paradise.
Wagering in the World of the Blue Pearl Moon ~ An Interview with Baron Zaggry Dhio Vettura ~ was written for my recent blog with Destiny Blaine (destinyblaine.blogspot.com). Little did she realize what mad-author...in lieu of ‘mad scientist’...she loosed, when innocently asking, in the comment section of her blog with us Title Magicians...if betting took place on the horses featured in my story, the sport horses of the Braverth. Well, off-to-the-races absolutely. Plunk down the coins or discreetly place your wagers, ladies and gentlemen!
Currently, the Baron’s complete interview can be found on the shiny new Siren-BookStrand Author’s blog (sirenbookstrand.blogspot.com) ~ under the topic, Hot Heroes.

Is this idea magical for you? Or should the spell-waving wand for this idea remain unused? Authors, aspiring authors, readers...what say you?

Was it a magical kiss for you ~ from the Kougar...

No comments: