Sunday, May 25, 2008

Flash! Naughty Birthday Bash

Flash! My Beautiful Big Cats, attend the naughty birthday bash for Jeanne at SEx, Liquid Silver Expressions blog ~ liquidsilverbooks.com/blog ~
Not only is Jeanne, the Gemini birthday girl, hosting her own Flash Fiction day, but she's serving up a bit of astrological insight, and, best of *cake-and-icing* all, she's serving up her HAWT out-of-this-world flash fiction. And I yowling-mean HAWT!
Apologies, Big Kitties, the Kougar's eyes are droopy tired. So, without further meow-adieu moi's flash and birthday bash below ~
From the Kougar's WIP ~ Don't Bite the Fortune Teller ~ King of Spades
ONE
"Remember." The disembodied voice coaxed. "Remember the first time you met him...met Zhayme. That’s good. You’re remembering...it’s only a dream, a harmless dream. How did it all begin? How did you meet him?...That’s it...
***
"Rosie," Solitaire answered her cell phone. "You’re lucky I have this thing on." Rosie coughed, then wheezed. "Hey, what’s wrong?"
"Cold...flu...something swelling my head to the size of a watermelon."
"Too sick for that special birthday party you’ve been bragging about the past of couple of weeks."
"I’d go. Read the Tarot. But I feel like – to go with the theme – bat crap."
TWO
"Bat crap? What is it, a fanged vampire dress up?"
"You remember Steve, my ex from about five years ago?"
"Yeah, yeah – tall, dark, dangerous and definitely unfaithful."
Rosie wheezed a chuckle. "Okay, I got Rick now. I don’t give a witch’s shit anymore about the past."
"Yep, your Rick is a dreamboat hunk and a sweetie with us gals. –You need me to go to this vampire elegante’ evening in your place – right, hon?"
Rosie hacked up phlegm like the best of ‘em. "Yeah, Rick is coming over, soon as he gets off work. Bringing the charmed chicken soup."
THREE
"Charmed chicken soup? I take it he stirred in his lovie dovie vibes." Solitaire grinned for her friend’s happiness.
"Add lots of get-well kisses."
"Great recipe name, sweetie. Can I steal it? Hey, do I have to dress like a vampiress? I don’t really like the fake fang thing. Hard to talk, you know, actually give readings."
"No fangs, sweets. They requested a gypsy fortune teller, the birthday guest of honor’s favorite. That’s why I called you."
"Sure." Solitaire sighed deeply. "I just hope they’re not expecting raven hair and sparkling dark eyes. Yeah, sure, I can do it. –What time?"


A naughty birthday smooch from the Kougar...

No comments: