Saturday, December 12, 2009

Farewell to Gene Barry...


Maow-sa late night greetings, my Beautiful Big Cats, the Kougar hopes you enjoyed the Holiday Hotties tour... she certainly had a merry, lick-up-those-hotties time taking the tour... the names of the winners will be announced on the next bloggie.
~~~
Farewell to actor, Gene Barry. This is how the Kougar remembers him the most, as the incomparable and dapper, Bat Masterson. Yep, this Big Cat girl had a mighty large crush on Bat Masterson. Not only could he disable an attacker with the martial arts’ use of his cane, but his urbane manners and his superb intellect set Bat Masterson apart from other Western TV heroes.
The Kougaress recalls eagerly awaiting the TV opening of Bat Masterson each week for as long as the show ran, then relishing every moment. In a way she didn’t understand at the time, there was something about Bat Masterson that fed her soul. He wasn’t a cheat, yet he was a winner. He had true character, strength and a witty intelligence that moi adored. He helped others, often at a huge risk to himself. And he did it all with charm and a western-spirited panache.
Thank you, Gene Barry, for playing the character, Bat Masterson. The Kougar knows heaven is embracing you.
~~~~~~

Authoress news and mews ~

Check out Serena’s fun blog at SHAPESHIFTER SEDUCTIONS ~ An Unusal Christmas Gift Request From My Jaguars... ~ “Picture it, Tuesday morning, one darling diva, two cute little dachshund pups, five shapeshifting cats and I piled into the authormobile for a field trip.”
~~~
Congrats to Pat Cunningham, author of COYOTE MOON! This is her informal announcement at SHAPESHIFTER SEDUCTIONS ~
Good news for me and my wolf shifters -- my first novel, A London Werewolf in America, just got picked up by BookStrand! Yes, my FIRST NOVEL! We're looking at a May 2010 e-book release. What a great early Christmas present!

~~~
At THE PINK BLOG ~ Happy Holidays to all & to all a good night! CHANUKAH: BEHIND THE TRADITIONS… ~ A wonderful and enlightening blog.
~~~
There’s a fun year-end cover contest at EMBRACE THE SHADOWS ~ http://embracetheshadows.wordpress.com/2009/12/07/2009-ultimate-clash-of-the-covers ~

Moi’s mew-sing ~

Thanks,
Wow! What a tough choice. So many fab-extra-lous covers!
But, I did make a choice.

~~~~~~

Now ~ FIRST! just for the big cool cats ~

Happy Courtship on another Earth

X-Serial Flash in Two Hundred ~ Sylva and Zeke’s story continues...

Part 349 ~

Sylva savored the way her cowboy husband gathered her so close to his body. She cuddled closer slipping her arms around him. The feel of him was all powerful male, and vibrant. Vibrant because he felt more alive against her than any other human being she’d ever hugged. She supposed it was due to the fact that folks here were stronger in themselves. They learned how to protect themselves. They were freer. From all that she’d observed, so far, they were more self-sufficient. For moments, sadness interrupted her happiness, as she thought about those on her Earth, their potentials lost.

Zeke basked in the deep satisfaction of holding his Sylva close in their bed. Their bed. The thought reached in and seized his heart, then his soul. It was true. He’d found the wife he wanted, had prayed to find with a dedicated daily fervor that had surprised him. Yep, for nearly a year’s time, now. He sensed from the lax feel of his wife’s body that she needed more rest. He’d accidently overtaxed her strength a bit. “Nap time, darlin’.” Rubbing her back gently, he eased her toward sleep. “I am tired,” she whispered. “You wore me out, stud.”
~~~~~~
TO BE CONTINUED...
~~~~~~
Part 1 - 15 ~ see blog ~ January 15th Cometh, then Part 15... and before...
Part 16 ~ 348 ~ see the Kougar’s prior bloggies... or the Passionate Ink forum, the FREE READS page ~
http://passionateink.org/forum ~ OR! Now available on The Romance Studio Forum, January through October 2009 flashes ~ http://theromancestudio.com ~ Click on the FORUMS
~~~~~~

Have a Splendid Holiday Season...
May your most romantic dreams come true...


Happy sexy kisses from the Kougar...

6 comments:

Serena Shay said...

I must say, I've never heard of Bat Masterson, but your recollection of him sure makes him sound like a gentleman and all around good guy! A perfect man! ;)
May you find peace on the next plane, Gene Barry.

Anonymous said...

Hi, Sav!

Thanks for the shout out on my book! The title happened because I was doing edits on Coyote Moon and for some reason got thinking of the song "Werewolves of London," which led to thoughts of the 1980s horror flick "Am American Werewolf in London," which got twisted around in my head and next thing you know I'm writing a novel. And yes, my hero's hair is perfect.

I vaguely recall Mr. Barry from Bat Masterson reruns when I was a kid. I was more into SF. Didn't he star in the 1950s version of "War of the Worlds"?

I'd have been here sooner, but I got distracted by your angel post. Damn, it's hot in here.

Pat C.

Savanna Kougar said...

Serena ~ it was back in the olden days of black and white TV, and one of many Westerns, at the time.
I always enjoyed the intelligence of Bat Masterson beyond how most western characters were portrayed.

Savanna Kougar said...

Pat, that's how it happens, sometimes. Besides, that's a catchy song.
Ya know what I think, those wolves wanted their time in the novel spotlight. They have their sneaky ways. After all, it's a matter of capturing an author's imagination.
Howl, howl... 'werewolves of London'

Gene Barry might have been in War of the Worlds. In my memory, he stars as Bat Masterson and in Burke's Law. And, he played Charlie in Charlie's Angels... not that you saw him...
When I was looking at pics of him, there were a couple pre-Bat Masterson. He was a good looking son of a gun, so I bet he played several roles prior to my crush on him.

Serena Shay said...

Oh my gosh...he was Charlie!! Yep, definite tell on my age bracket! LOL

"Hi Charlie." Oh boy did I practice that as a kid. Or I guess now it would be, "Bye Charlie..."

Savanna Kougar said...

Serena ~ it would be 'bye Charlie..."
Maybe he has a few angels to keep him company... hmmmm... I wonder if Farah met him at the pearly gates?