Friday, December 25, 2009

Disruption in the Force... and Viking Santa

Ooooh... Big Kittens, may there be no disruption in the force of Christmas and may Santa fill your stocking with whatever goodies you most purring-desire.
~~~
Yep, there was a major disruption in the Kougar’s force since she hasn’t been able to access the web for the past couple of days... hence, the two extra bloggies below.
~~~
Some of you KitKats may have already seen my version of the famous poem penned by Clement Clarke Moore entitled, ‘Twas the Night Before Christmas, also known as A Visit from Saint Nicholas ~
However, if you haven’t, I hope you enjoy ~

A Visit from Viking Santa

Twas the night before Christmas, when all through my home
Only I was stirring, to pen my romance tome.
My best black silk stockings were hung, ready to wear,
In hopes, my miracle Santa stud would soon be here.

The pets are nestled all snug in their places,
With visions of holiday treats making them run dream races.
Their mamma has just slipped into her red lace teddy,
And is settling her brains to continue writing her fantasy.

When out on the lawn I hear such a loud clatter,
I spring up from my desk to see what is the matter.
Away to the window I trot in my boa-trimmed slippers
To take a peek through the curtains. Oh no, is that drunk Mrs. Kippers?

The full moon shines on icy slush, instead of new-fallen snow
Giving a natural spotlight to celebrating Mrs. Kippers below.
Yet, what to my wondering gaze does appear?
But an old-fashioned sleigh, and eight majestic reindeer.

With a Viking driver, so handsomely tall and magnificent,
I knew in a moment I must be dreaming this whole event.
More rapid than jets, his stags flew the midnight sky untamed,
His long mane blew wild as he shouted, and called them by name!

"Now Dasher! now, Dancer! now, Prancer and Vixen!
On, Comet! On, Cupid! soar on Donner and Blitzen!
Fly to the top of each roof! Above the city walls!
Now race higher and faster! And sail over all!"

As autumn leaves that before the approaching blizzard fly,
When they meet with a whirlwind and spiral to the sky.
So up to my rooftop, the brown and white stags they flew,
With a sleigh full of glittering gifts, and Viking Santa too.

And then, after a blinking of my eyes, I heard on the roof
The precise landing, then the pawing of each jingle-belled hoof.
As I drew in my dreaming head, and spun around,
Down my fake chimney the Viking arrived, with an impressive bound.

He was splendidly dressed in red and faux fur, down to his boots,
And his garments remained perfect, despite all the ashes and soot.
A bundle of shiny presents he had flung behind his back,
And he looked like a romantic hero as he dashingly opened his pack.

His darkening eyes, how they naughtily twinkled! And at his dimples I gawk!
His features are sternly carved, reminding me of a beautiful proud hawk!
His full sexy mouth slowly turns upwards, a knowing grin,
As I continue to stare like a vixen at his strong virile chin.

With a saunter he approaches, making me weak in the knees.
His searing gaze travels the length of my body. And I freeze.
Without a word his powerful arm captures my pliant waist.
Crushing the lace against my skin, he has me tightly embraced.

Oh, how stalwart he feels, his muscles like hot heated ropes
And I sigh, then softly pant as I give free reign to my hopes.
His half-lidded gaze takes in my face, then settles on my parted lips
While his palms slide in a caress and boldly seize my hips.

“Oh, Santa,” I softly exhale, before his mouth claims mine in a torrid kiss.
“Wear those black silk stockings,” he rasps. “I promise bliss
When I return from leaving presents beneath every sparkling tree.”
After plundering my eager mouth with another kiss, he spins from me.

I hear him spring to his sleigh, to his stags give a fierce long shout,
Then, from my window I watch them depart like a meteor flaming out.
Still, I hear him exclaim, as he disappears from my sight,
"Happy Christmas to all, and to my gorgeous woman, leave on the light!"
~~~~~~

Authoress news and mews ~

One good thing! For Christmas ~ STALLION OF ASH AND FLAME is on Kindle...
~~~
Check out the Christmas Flashes at Lindsay’s Romantics ~ THE PINK BLOG ~ Plus check out this blog ~ My Hopeless Addiction to Romance by Zequeatta Jacques ~ “I openly admit that I am addicted to romance books.”
~~~


At the HAPPILY EVER AFTER blog ~

Bekki blogs ~ YEAR END HAPPY EVER AFTER ~ this is the true Christmas spirit... as Bekki says... “a chain of happiness circling around the world”

Plus, Lindsay blogs about ~ The romance of far-away places ~ check out Lindsay Townsend’s latest release, a sweet romance titled ~ Holiday in Bologna ~ http://lindsaytownsend.net/2008/04/holiday-in-bologna.html ~
~~~
OH WOW! The Kougar just found out WOLF’S TENDER by western erotic romance author, Gem Sivad, earned *5* Spurs from Love Western Romances.
~~~~~~

Now ~ FIRST! just for the big cool cats ~

Happy Courtship on another Earth

X-Serial Flash in Two Hundred ~ Sylva and Zeke’s story continues...

Part 360 ~

Sylva throbbed with the faint sound of drumming, her heartbeat loud and in sync. Turning a bit, she clutched Zeke’s forearm. “It’s time to leave. You’re right. Only I’m not certain how I got here. I mean, I was dreaming. I think. I was back on my Earth. I saw myself hit by the SUV, instead of landing in the mud puddle. I watched myself die... then, I was here. Then, you were here... and this place seems so familiar now. Maybe a past life. But, I don’t know.” Embracing her close, her cowboy husband sought to comfort her. “Darlin’.”

Zeke shut his eyes, seeking the way back. He recognized the drums from the Earth ceremonies he and his family attended regularly. “My Earth,” he explained, his voice not much louder than the rising winds. “When we connect and listen to the Mother and to her sky, the Father. It’s our path back.” Wrapping his arms around his wife tightly, Zeke reverently focused on the beat that spoke to his soul. Quickly, their spirit bodies flew. Captured by the winds they were literally flung back into their bodies. Back home, Zeke breathed deeply clinging to his woman in their bed.


~~~~~~

TO BE CONTINUED...

~~~~~~

Part 1 - 15 ~ see blog ~ January 15th Cometh, then Part 15... and before... Part 16 ~ 359 ~ see the Kougar’s prior bloggies... or the Passionate Ink forum, the FREE READS page ~ http://passionateink.org/forum ~ OR! Now available on The Romance Studio Forum, January through October 2009 flashes ~ http://theromancestudio.com ~ Click on the FORUMS
~~~~~~

Wish Upon on a Holiday Star... May your most romantic dreams come true...

Merry smooches from the Kougar...

3 comments:

Serena Shay said...

LOL...Love the Christmas poem!
Merry Christmas, Savanna. :)

Lindsay Townsend said...

Love the poem, Savanna!
So sorry to hear about your computer problems. Hope all sorted now.
Do hope you haven't lost any work or emails!
Thank you for mentioning my Holiday in Bologna! That's really generous!
Merry Christmas wishes, Savanna and Serena and all out there in blogland.

Savanna Kougar said...

Serena ~ HoHoHo, Viking style... and HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Lindsay, hope you are feeling much better.
The emails are still up the air, awaiting resurrection hopefully. Fortunately I have all my files and documents. But I backed up like crazy on flashdrive and CD disc.
HAPPY NEW YEAR and have a wonderful Boxer Day.