Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Virgin Harvest Day ~ Anitra Lynn McLeod

Greetings, all Big Cats, if you're a virgin. Today is your day to be harvested, plucked and sensually plundered...and, well, meow...pleasure-plunging fun ensues...
Opps...never mew-mind, the Kougar was carried away by her naughty imaginings.
Today! is Anitra Lynn McLeod day on Kougar Kisses. Why? you politely purr...because Anitra, one of the ten ATIV finalists, has just entered the holy land to the to-be published by none other than Kensington. Moi will let her tell it in her own words. And for the rest of the super fab, champagne-popping blog, lope on over to Title Magic ~ titlemagic.blogspot.com ~ and congratulate her.
On Friday June 6th my agent, Roberta Brown, woke me up with a phone call. I was asleep because I'd worked until 11:30 p.m the previous night at my "regular" job then worked until 2:00 a.m at my "favorite" job, which is writing. She apologized and said she would call back later. I told her there was no way I was going back to bed because I knew she wasn’t calling to chat.
And I was right.
Roberta called to tell me John Scognamiglio of Kensington was offering a three-book deal for my novel, Virgin Harvest.
Now mind you, I was not fully awake yet so I had to pinch myself three times to make sure I wasn’t dreaming. (I have a bruise on my butt to prove this!) I was also miffed that I had been sleeping--why couldn't I get "the call" when I was actually doing something like writing?
I wasn’t dreaming, but the enormity of everything took two days to sink in. When it did, my reaction was something like, “Oh my God! I’m finally going to be a published author!” and then I panicked, "Oh my God! I've got to write two more novels!"
Virgin Harvest will come out next summer under the Kensington Aphrodisia line. I have my deadlines for delivering the other two novels (both erotic romances). I can’t wait to see the cover art and from what I’ve heard about John, he’s going to be a wonderful editor to work with.

Moi's mew-sings below ~
Yay!!! Anitra, I knew you'd get the BIG ONE. I hear Kensington is a great place to be -- which is even better!
Congrats! as a word just doesn't seem big enough. I'm thrilled for you!

Tomorrow, my sexy Big Kitties, is author guest day on Title Magic with none other than Terry Odell, multi-published suspense-action-adventure romance author. And you are definitely invited!
What an amazing span of time, my Gorgeous Big Cats. Pat P.E. Cunningham was featured for her short story in Fantasy and Science Fiction magazine. Mel Heirs had her short story featuring 'chessies' published. And now, Anitra is signed with Kensington. Way too cosmic cool! (See previous posts for more info)

Sweet virgin kisses from the Kougar...

2 comments:

Anitra Lynn McLeod said...

Thanks for the shout out, Sav! I'm still dancing around with joy! :)

Savanna Kougar said...

You should be!