Friday, June 6, 2008

Fangs and Snarling...

Lots of bared fangs and lots of snarling, my Brave Big Cats, the Kougar finally hunt-located her inexpensive unpretentious white washing machine ~ and now awaits the arrival scheduled for Monday. Hopefully, moi's garment cleanser will dutifully serve for many, many years. As it should. Meow-snarl!
On the hunt, the Kougaress ~ while slowly rolling down her drive in her van ~ came upon a young box turtle. A sweet thing, who merely allowed moi to carry her to safety while hardly a change in expression. Perhaps, because the storms were wind and rain-lashing brutal last night, and she was tired.
At the fierce advance of lightning, just as the Kougar switched off her computer, the power ceased, and blackness ruled. Eventually the lone orange candle staved off the darkness. *Grateful grateful* several hours later the power was restored, thus, saving moi's ice cream.
Along the route today, my Big Kitties, large limbs had been broken away by the storm, and it was an easy game of dodge until the highway. The wild turkey was not so easy to dodge. Strangely to moi, hen turkey ran back and forth in front of the Kougar, finally taking off and winging just above a barbed wire fence. Eggs somewhere? Hatched babies?
A fantastic guest blogger on Title Magic, race on over. Lexie has brought all of us CJ Lyons, author of Lifeline. Her post is titled, SECRETS TO A PERFECT PITCH BY GUEST BLOGGER CJ LYONS. Mew-sings below.
CJ, what a great learning post for me. I can usually come up with good blurbs. However, I've never actually pitched any of my novels. This gives me better ways to talk with just the people you meet who want to know what your book is about. I've never figured how to do that well.
Plus, this is good for a web presence like Terry was speaking about.
BTW, Mel & Terry, both your pitches are fantastic. I enjoyed them and they made me smile!
I'm going to have to start thinking about how to do this.
How about "Open the door to Blue Paradise, where every erotic dream comes true."
Of course, that may not work in some circles!

Un-fanged smooch from the Kougar...

No comments: