Monday, June 23, 2008

Big Fat Toadie of Summer

Beautiful Big Cats, meow-hopefully a quickie blog today. Since it looks like Blogger is about to pull the proverbial cyber plug.
A couple of days ago the Kougar had a lovely short visit with an adorable big fat toadie. Toadie made her way into moi's lair causing quite a frantic ruckus with the Kougaress's beloved doggies. Imagine if you will....huge yipping crazy carrying ons...the Kougar flips on the light. And sitting there is a toad. A large plump toad. Moi springs into action attempting to rescue toadie before she's harmed. Picture the Kougar in a long t-shirt grabbing up a large tuna tin can and following the now hopping toadie. While praying she could catch the plump wartie cutie. Success, adorable toadie allowed moi to coax it inside the tin, which was barely large enough for brave toadie. After cooing and gazing into the sweet dark eyes of Ms. Toadie, it was time for release. It took a bit of convincing but toadie finally sprang away, out the back door...hopefully to enjoy a happy toad life.
Okay, the Kougar has always thought toads were adorable, ever since seeing the babies and the biggies in her basement well window as she was growing up.
Today on Title Magic Lexie discussed editing and the writing process. Summer slink on over, Big Kitties. Moi's mew-sings.
Hi Lexie, I'm envious of your page count too! Glad you're getting time to write.
That is so cute about your daughter. And, truth to tell, that's been my experience on the road less travelled. All the beasties and meanies are lurking to take their turn at devouring me. And, oh! do they! sometimes.
Omygosh, if I went through your editing process, my eyes would be spinning back into my head.
Not that I don't edit. I'm darn ruthless with certain elements of a story and how it's put together. I want it to sing and live for me. To be intense with color and passion, the passion of life, not just romantic passion -- but, that too.
Lexie, you made a good point about sometimes there is too much 'showing'. That can take away from the story for sure.
Your blog is very timely for me. I just spent last night on the second edits for Tangerine Carnal Dreams. The most intense editing process so far, because I ventured out on the road less traveled with my intentional POV shifts.
Oh well...but I am thankful the book is coming together and is definitely a much better story. Thank you, to my editor. Hopefully, I'll get the last chapter done today, and get it sent back.


Air kisses for Toadie and from the Kougar...

No comments: