Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Lioness Adorable & Swashbuckling Handsome

Okay, Big Kitties, the Kougar has returned, her body weary and her paws sore from the grocery hunt. Returned with a weary sad soul. So few happy people these days. Not that the Kougaress has any complaint. She well understands that tiny leaky boat cast off from the Titanic into icy and shark-infested waters.
Meow-yowl, the miracle is that politeness remains, civility triumphs...still.
Purr-amazing, the sun these past few weeks. Sol is huge and brilliant and blinding as He sinks on the blazing beautiful horizon of the winter-bare prairie, beyond what the Kougaress has ever witnessed in her life. Fascinating and frightening, Sol's light is still blinding, when in the past, it would have been easy to gaze upon His countenance during sunset, no matter the neon fiery brightness.

Yay! Happy dancing meow! Yay! On Liquid Silver Books' coming soon section for the forum, the Kougar's Molten Silver novella, Red Lioness Tamed, is now featured, her blurb submitted for editing. What a running-praire rush!
Then, to greet the Kougar's arrival back home, an e-mail with the cover painting of Red Lioness Tamed. The Kougaress is paw-dancing extremely happy and excited. The heroine, Sun Rocket Kahoqua, is completely lioness adorable. And the hero, Draxen, is swashbuckling-yummy handsome.

On the Lust Bites blog (lustbites.blogspot.com) the Kougar couldn't resist taking the bait and paw-scribbled a piece of flash fiction. Remember, copyright applies.

Black lace slips over my bath-cooled skin. I sit at my vanity, examining my ruby red nails, feeling lace scrape deliciously over my nipples. Impatient, I flip back my long strawberry-colored hair, and cross my bare thighs. Lace slides, a sensual tickle between the bottom of my butt cheeks and the top of my thighs.
I rise as I hear his steps, strong yet stealthy, on the stairs winding up to my room. Black lace strokes my body like a lover’s caress. My sex drips as he opens the door, uninvited and forbidden. My neck throbs, wanting him.
"Dinner, darling?"


Today on the Title Magic blog, our super librarian, Mel, give us a course in how books are thoroughly reviewed and critiqued. Such impressive knowledge! Take a spirited lope on over, Big Cats. Below is moi's meow.
Mel, thanks for the all great info. I have learned a lot judging contests, not many. And certainly the times I've critiqued someone else's manuscript, it's extremely helpful to see what does work and what doesn't. I especially enjoy discovering where the writer is absolutely brilliant. Maybe, it's a mere paragraph. Maybe, it's the overall story -- but it's finding that jewel, or being able to say, hey just elaborate here, or this great, but awkward phrasing... certainly, you've taken it farther than I have...and I'm learning from you. Thanks.
By the way, the Long and Short of It website and blog are impressive. If I had time I would enjoy reviewing, but it's write or read right now.
And I gotta write.

Lioness Adorable kisses from the Kougar...

No comments: