Thursday, July 17, 2008

Tangerine ~ The Unveiling


Tangerine ~ the Unveiling ... ta-da!

Hot off the e-mail press, my Beautiful Big Kitties! The Kougar's cover art for Tangerine Carnal Dreams from Aspen Mountain Press.

And it must be Bast's timing because the Kougaress is mind-numb and worn out from her shopping hunt-the-groceries and the find-a-new-mouse since her plumpy roller mouse is limping on it's dysfunctional roller feet.
A Happy Kougar face...squinch, squinch...and roll over. Moi already adores her new slim trim tiny mouse, called a pocket mouse, she found on *best-of-all* sale! Tiny mouse is much superior to old plump, but well-serving mouse, which was always too big for moi's hand.
Whatya think?
Given the Kougar's propensity for the unique, this terrific torrid cover art hits just the right spot ~ the hero stallion shifter in tangerine lusting paradise...and let the adventure and the carnal games begin.
On Title Magic today Mai shares her upset about a novel marketed as a romance, which was not a romance. How do author's defend themselves from the marketing machine that is NY publishing when they get it wrong???
Hi Mai, I HATE when that happens. So I'm with you on the rant part. And I totally feel for the author. I'm sure she didn't want her book marketed as something it was not. Moi's mew-sings below.
That's one reason I like being with the small print/e-publishers I'm with currently. Because both Liquid Silver and Siren-BookStrand are very careful about how their books are marketed.
Heck, you can read the first chapter at your leisure at Liquid Silver. And at Siren there's a good-sized excerpt, so you can get a feel for the story and the author's writing style.
I may not get as many sales as a lot of authors, but I do want those who purchase my novels to be happy and satisfied that they did.
And I've been extremely lucky -- thank you, thank you, cover gods -- that my cover art is to my liking. In fact, I just got my final cover art for Tangerine Carnal Dreams. I think it's unique and terrific, and suits me perfectly. How readers will feel, I have no clue. And I absolutely love the cover art for my three others.
That's the thing, so far, I have had a say. And boy, as an author and as an amateur artist, I'm so glad!


Unveiling kiss from the Kougar...

No comments: