Friday, July 25, 2008

Once Upon a Mars Lifetime

Sunny hot greetings from the Kougar, my Lovely Big Cats. If you're into the Mars mythos, or into other life experiences, please enjoy moi's blog for Liquid Silver SEx blog ~

Today I let my imagination run wild and free. Just for fun I thought I’d invent or recall, whichever...? a lifetime on the planet Mars. That is, let the movie roll before my mind.
Why Mars? The red planet is prominent in the space news with the Phoenix rover scooping up samples. And, of course, my sci fi spicy heroine in Red Lioness Tamed lives on a Mars moon, her home world, a safe haven for cat shifters. Besides, who can resist Ares (Kevin Tod Smith), the god of war from Xena, Warrior Princess. Not me, even if he is the bad god dude.
...hmmm...I see myself as a statuesque woman, heavy in the bosom department. I’m about twelve feet tall, with an 80's electric red-tinted blonde mane, being blown back by a soft wind. Before me is a grand shiny city of futuristic arcs and space needles, similar to the cityscape in the old cartoon, The Jetsons, only more majestic. The sun flares huge and white-yellowish on the far horizon, appearing larger then here on Earth.
Everyone knows the war is coming. The tremendous fleet of attack ships has entered the edge of the solar system, but the Fleick travel with tortoise-slow deliberation, no doubt using their instruments and psychics to scout out our defenses.
Our own impressive fleet, although not as huge, hovers in wait. They encircle Mars, remaining hidden behind our neighboring planets and their moons. The fleet will be used to herd the Fleick ships toward our monstrous defense towers that spew destroying plasma greater than lightning.
Every sacred center of Mars is also protected by gargantuan missiles that can splinter a star. It is neutron energy powered by the giant crystals mined on the neighboring planet, Earth, still a primal garden of eden with few populations centers.
Those citizens in panic have already fled to caves and to the underground tunnels, where the super trains run and the way stations are like tiny city centers. Daily, the tourists and the other-world trade representatives line up at intergalactic docking and leave on any ship or travel freighter available. Not that I blame them. Hell is about to be unleashed.
What kind of hell? For how long? The speculation is ongoing, an endless disgorgement of opinions on the screen and audio formats.
Why the massive unprovoked attack? No one seems to know precisely why. An ancient enemy with a terrible grudge against the earliest colonists from the Pleiades star system. Some believe it is retribution for another war fought an eon ago. Some believe the Fleick want their own settlements in the solar system, despite the unsuitability to their race.
I haven’t made up my mind yet. Whether or not to flee to my family’s outlying farm land and cave-prepared home. My beloved, Danarius, stays to fight. He and his elite team keep direct communications’ relay with our attack fleet. That’s where he is now, until it is over. Before today, he attempted to convince me to leave, even threatening to use force. To simply bundle me up and take me to my family home. Yet, the truth is, neither he nor I want to go on without the other one.
I gaze around from the small hilltop just beyond the boundary of the city proper. The wind picks up and I wrap my arms around myself. Mars, my beloved Mars. My heart-loved land, do all your glories stand in the face of cataclysmic war?
Or does most everything die? The people, the animals, the plants, the sacred history? The planet itself...will our blessed homeland, Mars, die? I shudder at the horrific reality of what could be.
Slowly, I sit upon the pleasant ground, lush with fragrant blooms. Crossing my legs I let the wild tiny cousrog on my lap. Stroking its long silky fur, I close my eyes and tell myself to remember everything about this lifetime on Mars. Then I concentrate on everything about Mars I have ever learned.
I breathe in the essence of Mars, the abundance of life all around me. And once again, I live my memories engraving them on my mind, and inside my very soul. For that moment I can speak of them again. Speak of this lifetime on Mars. And speak of my love for Danarius.

Adore regency romance? Skip on over to Title Magic, my Big Kitties for Evonne's interview with Louise Allen, historical romance author extraordinaire. Moi's mew-sings below.
Hi Louise, I can see why you'd need a family tree chart, just to keep track of everyone.
Very impressive series. Being a lover of history I can understand your author's passion for writing in the historical genre.
Dagger down the mainsail, I haven't seen that forever...was it in an older swashbuckling movie? Erol Flynn...I don't think I'm spelling that correctly. I vividly remember the scenes, names I'm not so good with.
Do your novels contain swashbuckling scenes?


Once upon time smooch from the Kougar...

No comments: