Friday, October 29, 2010
A Beautiful Witch ~ Samantha
Brrrrr, my cuddled and cuddly Kittens... the first freeze is supposed to hit the tame prairie tonight... the Kougaress managed to get her still vigorous tomato plants covered with sheets before sunset... so, hopefully, that will keep them warm enough, since the temps are supposed to warm up the next few days... when the Kougaress first went outdoors, she caught the flap of large wings in her peripheral vision, then watched probably a girl eagle land on a branch near the top of a tree, that was about a hundred feet away... moi talked to the eagle, who sat still... when she looked away, the eagle launched off and moi watched her fly away powerfully over the next-door pasture.
Nature is so glorious this Big Cat just doesn’t understand why there is this psychopathic Big Corp need to destroy her. But then, the more Mother Nature is murdered, the more humanity is murdered. To continue with another sad topic, moi was cross-eyed earlier in the day, and her mind spun until it hurt from all corruption she heard about. Minute by minute, it spreads like some giant hellacious cancer. So, too bad, as a culture, we didn’t listen to Ayn Rand and her novel, Atlas Shrugged.
A Beautiful Witch ~ Samantha ~ while my heroine, Kandace, in my WIP, Kandy Apple and Her Hellhounds, does not resemble the beautiful and bewitching Samantha, in the TV series, BEWITCHED, she did practice twitching her nose like so many of us girls did. And, certainly, this beautiful witch character has partly inspired Kandace’s love story.
From the moment that series began I was, to be redundant, Bewitched. Enchanted. I couldn’t get enough. A beautiful and smart witch, with a good soul, who only wanted the good American life. While I never understood Samantha’s desire to ‘never’ use her magick, I did understand her desire to fit in, especially when she fell in love with a mere mortal. Truthfully, Darren was never good enough for her.
Even back then, I figured if Darren really did love Samantha he would have sought to understand her more, he would have encouraged her to balance her witch culture with the so-called normal culture of the times. Samantha deserved an alpha male, who would have protected her and loved her no matter what. She should have been cherished and valued, not forced into the repressive box of society.
One of the things that impressed me about the character, Samantha, was how good at heart she was, how inspirational as a woman and individual she was. Elizabeth Montgomery, the actress, who played her, was exquisitely radiant in that role, her physical appearance and her performance. She was magic. And she brought that forth onto the small screen.
And, even though, this Big Cat adored the TV series, CHARMED, and all the witchy women in that series... they all have their own beauty... still, none of them showed up as radiant, as pure of heart, as Elizabeth Montgomery playing Samantha.
Kandace has similar talents and abilities as Samantha, and like, Samantha, is not a witch of the craft, but a witch by heritage, by the fact she was born a witch. Another difference, Kandace can be kick butt, more independent, and she’s not into mortal men. She knows better because of her past experiences.
And yes, the Kougaress owes Elizabeth Montgomery, as Samantha, A BIG SPARKLY WAVE OF THANKS!!! Thank you.
2:22 am... 1:11 am... 3:33 pm... 5:55 pm... 1:11 am... gee, the numbers must love this Big Cat... hmmm...
Authoress news and mews ~
GOOD NEWS FOR THE KOUGAR!
BRANDED BY THE TEXANS will be ~In Print~ soon. The book cover file was received today... WAHOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
This is the Kougar’s official ROARS OF THANK YOU!!! moment to everyone who has purchased BRANDED BY THE TEXANS, or any of her books. She is grateful! ~wahoo good good vibes are coming your way~ this Big Cat luvs ya... yeeeehawww!
Schedule is below.It's in military time so people don't get AM and PM mixed up. Everything is EST time. Thanks, everyone, for helping me make this happen.
- 00:01 - Blood Moon by Ellen Keener
- 01:01 - Healer's Fate by Beth Caudill
- 02:01 - Second Nature by Jae
- 03:01 - Shadow of the Vampire by Meagan Hatfield
- 04:01 - Temptation Unleashed by Kari Thomas
- 05:01 - Fearless Love by Stacey Espino
- 06:01 - Black Cat Beauty by Savanna Kougar
- 07:01 - Lilith's Daughter by G.G. Royale
- 08:01 - The Blue Moon Cafe by Rick R. Reed
- 09:01 - Where The Rain Is Made by Keta Diablo
- 10:01 - Prey by Andrea Speed
- 11:01 - The Ghost Shrink, the Accidental Gigolo & the Poltergeist Accountant by Vivi Andrews
- 12:01 - Convince Me by Tonya Ramagos
- 13:01 - Delta by Brian Holliday
- 14:01 - Pray by Christine Bell
- 15:01 - A Modern Day Witch Hunt by Kiki Howell
- 16:01 - Lycan Tides by Renee Wildes
- 17:01 - Red's Wolf by PJ Schnyder
- 18:01 - The Blood of Love by Victor J. Banis
- 19:01 - Tall, Dark, and Deadly by Margaret L. Carter
- 20:01 - Sparks by Laura Bickle
- 21:01 - Mercy by Eleri Stone
- 22:01 - Familiar Magic by AJ Hampton
- 23:01 - The Scarecrow and Ms. Moon by Barbara Raffin
- 00:01 - The Straw Man by Bonnie Dee
- 01:01 - Tempting Darkness by Jamieson Wolf
- 02:01 - The Seeking Kiss by Eden Bradley
- 03:01 - Cry Wolf by Donica Covey
- 04:01 - Balefire and Moonstone by Cynthia Gael
- 05:01 - Biting Nixie by Mary Hughes
- 06:01 - Torment by Michele Zurlo
- 07:01 - Dark Deception by Suzanne Rock
- 08:01 - The Bloodgate Guardian by Joely Sue Burkhart
- 09:01 - Bewitching Love by J. Rose Allister
- 10:01 - The Ghost Exterminator: A Love Story by Vivi Andrews
- 11:01 - Witches Anonymous by Misty Evans
- 12:01 - Blood Slave by Brannan Black
- 13:01 - Masque of Desire by Amy Ruttan
- 14:01 - Sacrifice by Luxie Ryder
- 15:01 - That Voodoo You Do by Jodi Redford
- 16:01 - Faery's Bargain by Madeleine Drake
- 17:01 - Informally Yours by Beth Caudill
- 18:01 - Living on the Edge by LaVerne Thompson
- 19:01 - Wolf Games by Vivian Arend
- 20:01 - Tomorrow Cries by Debora Ryan
- 21:01 - Beyond Death by Jinger Jackson
- 22:01 - Bloody Passion by Laura Tolomei
- 23:01 - The Bloodmoon Curse by Karen Wiesner
- 00:01 - Her Heart His Soul by Kari Thomas
- 01:01 - Heaven Sent by Rebecca Goings
- 02:01 - Edge of Heaven by PG Forte
- 03:01 - The Astral: Till the Day I Die by V.J. Banis
- 04:01 - A Questionable Hero by Kiki Howell
- 05:01 - When a Good Angel Falls by Savanna Kougar
- 06:01 - Her Heart His Soul by Kari Thomas
- 07:01 - Redemption by Emma Ray Garrett
- 08:01 - Testament to Love by Ariel Tachna
- 09:01 - A Brush of Wings edited by Anne Regan
- 10:01 - Angel Requiem by Jaime Samms
Featured at Lindsay Townsend’s THE PINK BLOG ~
Love and the Throne #7 - Edmund and Margaret Tudor - founders of a Dynasty
by Stephanie Burkhart
Duty brought Edmund and Margaret together and while their time was short, their progeny brought the British monarchy through the 1500's.
ZOMBIE LOVERS! Writers and Readers...
Author D.L. Snell has a great interview at his blog with Jacob Kier, editor of Permuted Press. Permuted Press publishes ebook and trade paper editions and specializes in Apocalyptic fiction, particularly zombie fiction. They pay an advance and royalties.
~ permutedpress.com ~
Now ~ FIRST! just for the big cool cats ~ from the Flash Cat...
Happy Courtship on another Earth
X-Serial Flash in Two Hundred ~ Sylva and Zeke’s story continues...
Part 669 ~
Sylva listened for Zeke, and wasn’t disappointed. He padded toward her. His footsteps, though nearly silent, were loud to her ear. Rousing herself, she rolled to face him. “Hey,” she softly called out. “Hey, darlin’ mine, did you sleep well?” Sylva couldn’t help appreciating the deep rumble of his voice. She couldn’t help noticing the long, tall ridge beneath the soft blue denim of his jeans. He wore no shirt. He hadn’t bothered with his hair. Which was just fine with her hormones, as was the stubble on his chin. “Lord have mercy,” she whispered, “you do look good, cowboy.”
Zeke lowered himself beside his sexy adorable woman. He curled his knuckles beneath her chin, then drew in a sharp breath at the softness of her skin. “Sylva.” Tipping her chin up, he asked, “How are you feelin’?” She smiled, her radiance belonging to him. “I think that was the best sleep I’ve had since being here. No psychic traveling anywhere. At least, not that I remember.” With a lithe flow of her body, she sat up, closer to him. “What I want to know,” she sultry-crooned and paused, “what I want to know, handsome. Is this gun for hire?”
TO BE CONTINUED...
Part 1 - 15 ~ see blog ~ January 15th Cometh, then Part 15... and before...
Part 16 ~ 668 ~ see the Kougar’s prior bloggies... or the Passionate Ink forum, the FREE READS page ~ passionateink.org/forum ~ OR! Now available on The Romance Studio Forum, JANUARY 2009 through JUNE 2010 flashes ~ theromancestudio.com ~ Click on the FORUMS, then Savanna Kougar ~ the Fantasy Lair ~
The Flu Fascists are on the rise. AND THEY ARE AFTER YOU!!! Beware. Prepare. And care enough about yourself and your loved ones NOT to get that killer shot. Please, please, please. You are not only endangering your own life, but the life of everyone you come into contact with, because after getting that shot you contaminate others by shedding the viruses. It’s like a dog shaking off fleas.
~ HAPPY SNAPPY HALLOWEEN DAYS ~
Wish Upon on a Blue Moon New Year...
May your most romantic dreams come true...
Beautiful Witch Cat kisses from the Kougar...