Thursday, April 22, 2010

Oh, Excitement is Rising...

Pic from ~ http://bookscans.com ~

After hump day meows, my frolicsome and fierce Felines... yep, this Big Cat girl is a sucker for this type of vintage picture... why? She really has no clue... whatever’s in the air isn’t agreeable to the Kougaress... she’s slow-moving as molasses at times... still, yowls, she’s making progress on her WIP, KANDY APPLE FOR HALLOWEEN, and even took some time to chat on the Talking Two Lips loop since it’s Siren-BookStrand day.

Oh, excitement is rising... yep and purrs, the Kougar e-winged her cover art for BRANDED BY THE TEXANS to Siren-BookStrand for tentative approval... actually, what’s depicted could have come from one erotic love scene in the story, given this is the ‘having sex’ room’s amber-hued illumination.
~~~

Sorta Rumbling Rant ~

A tiny tale, and a large switch of the Kougaress’s tail... around fourth grade or so, it finally hit this cub that sometimes the other kids acted on the urge to make some one else feel small, so they felt bigger, or so they could feel that moment of being powerful. It’s a false power that only brings everyone down, however, this cub watched it happen over and over again as she grew up.
She never quite understood this need to bring someone else down, in order, for that momentary high, though it seemed to be addictive for a few kids.... however, given the fact that most kids were probably emotionally abused in some manner, as most of us have experienced, simply because our parents and most folks have been abused, whether mentally, emotionally, physically, sexually... well, it’s understandable that it would show up, that kids would act out what had been done to them... to her shame, moi participated in this once as a young teenager... one of those odd situations that should never have occurred, but did.

During this Big Cat’s life, this particular one-upmanship game became even more cruel in Junior High and High School, a tool used by the cliques to gain and keep their false power. Effectively used, though. However, to what good end? How did it benefit anyone, really? How did it lift anyone up? How did it create an environment where all could thrive and live their true passions? And, thus, improve life on Earth.

This underlying destructiveness stifled WHAT COULD HAVE BEEN, a much happier environment, more creative, more world-changing-for-the-better environment for everyone. A place where achievement would have been a natural force, instead of a duplicitous and hypocritical force that actually squelched the freedom to become your fullest potential, to achieve as a human being.

So, why has this destructive one-upmanship continued century after century on this planet? Why has it continued despite all the self-help breakthroughs or self-actualizing therapies that have emerged for the past fifty plus years. Why?

No, it’s not natural human behavior, at least, not beyond a certain age.

Realistically, this behavior, this particular dysfunctional dynamic should have died a natural death a long time ago in our world. Anyone who has ever thought about it realizes it’s a no-win game in the end. That it doesn’t help their life in any way, and doesn’t help society, in general. The key, though, this behavior has been carefully and masterfully manipulated, or fostered by THOSE who can never measure up to you, or to any human being, and THEY know it.

Still, THEY would prove their god-like power the same way a serial killer often does, by out-smarting the human race with their supposedly higher intelligence. THESE PSYCHOPATHS have co-opted society and the institutions of society in such a way, that they operate like the royals in feudal England, who intentionally killed off any tall, strong peasant, thus reducing the overall size of the population.

At it’s most basic it’s called kill off the competition instead of becoming a better competitor. Or, it would be like one football team murdering the top players of another team, in order, to win, instead of improving their skills and the play of their team. Or, in our romance novel world, it’s like one author intentionally giving another author a bad review and getting her buddies to attack that author’s book, just so she can rise higher on a bestseller list.

How do you effectively kill off the human spirit? You get them to destroy each other with one-upmanship on a daily basis. A constant, never-ending barrage, a way of beating individuals into a mental dysfunctional pulp by the use of all sorts of subtle propaganda methodologies. One simple example ~ heroin-skinny super models ~ there’s nothing human or natural about that whole sick trend. Nothing. Yet, how many anorexics and bulimics now exist?

Another upshot of all this is what Katherine Austin Fitz, financial wizardess, contends ~ The *System* is designed to suppress wealth, not build wealth. Or, we’ve all been striving to economically improve our lives while being shot down at every turn by the System, itself. Or, you know, like... what is that... whack a mole?

Imagine, if you will, the person who put you down the most in your life, is now in control of your life... yep, that’s the state of our current world. The worst of the worst playground bullies are in charge, and pulling all the strings. And, they intend to keep pulling. THEY intend our destruction in any way THEY can get it done. Why? Because THEY ARE PSYCHOPATHS.

~~~~~~

Authoress news and mews ~

Featured at HAPPILY EVER AFTER ~

Inspired by Spring
by Steph Burkhart


I'm very excited to be here. This is a blog I enjoy following because it's very topical and always has interesting ideas that inspire.

~~~
Featured at ROMANCE WRITERS BEHAVING BADLY ~

Time

I was planning on writing my first post on this blog about my newest eBook, but things have occurred and it’s meant that the release date won’t be for a while. Instead I’m going to write about time.

~~~
Featured at Lindsay Townsend’s THE PINK BLOG ~ COVER ART DAYS

COVER ART by Stacey Espino

Cover Art is very important to the success of a novel.

~~~
Featured at SHAPESHIFTER SEDUCTIONS ~

Flying in for a quick post!
By Crystal Kauffman


I've been partying so hard all week in celebration of my release of Claiming Lady Marianne from Ellora's Cave the time almost got away from me.

~~~
Check out this excellent blog by Cara Bristol ~ sex words in the English language ~
http://carabristol.wordpress.com ~

Moi’s mew-sings ~

Cara, right on and amen. The English language is totally pitiful when it comes to love, sex and true passion. It's an effing challenge to write scenes because of this. I've given it the ole creative effort and sometimes others don't get my usage of words, or the words I create. Well, whatever... at least, I'm being faithful to my heroines and heroes.
In my opinion, as a society we are INFANTILE when it comes to sex, love and passion. So sad. I'm doing my best to change that as I know other author/writers are... but, it's a mountainous uphill battle.

~~~
AND! Another fab topic at Victoria Janssen’s blog on writing emotions ~ http://victoriajanssen.blogspot.com ~

Moi’s mew-sings ~

Great topic. That COVER is too good. I have to filch it.
For me, I find it to be a balancing act. I want my writing crafted well enough that the emotions of my heroines and heroes are shown, experienced.
Technique alone, imo, will only get you so far. Look at that the novel, Love Story. I read the novel and saw the movie. I cried buckets during the movie. The emotion of the novel moved me.
But all the following knock-offs were hollow, stupid, an emotional rip off. What was that sort of recent one? some on a boat thing by a guy author they made a movie out of... all I can say is ICK... I couldn't get past the first page.
To be honest, one my big complaints about some romance novels is that the emotions make no sense because the story to back them up isn't there. They're hollow. I don't care how good the rest of the story is, or how trendy, or how well written.
She's sad. Okay, so what? Why? What brought her to this emotional state? Just talking about it doesn't do it for me. I want to FEEL why, or, at least, know her real memories.
To the best of my ability, I write what my heroines and heroes are feeling, their true emotions. Yes, my style of writing isn't for everyone. That being said, I don't MAKE UP what my heroines and heroes feeling. I'm writing them, their story.
Okay, which do I want more? Virtual chocolate (virtual emotions) or real chocolate (real emotions) that I'm eating, tasting. Well, honey, it ain't the virtual chocolate.

~~~~~~

Now ~ FIRST! just for the big cool cats ~ from the Flash Cat...

Happy Courtship on another Earth

X-Serial Flash in Two Hundred ~ Sylva and Zeke’s story continues...

Part 479 ~

Sylva turned toward Zeke. On guard, given the power Coon suddenly exuded, she uttered, “If you say it’s okay.” Enfolding her protectively, her cowboy husband gazed at Coon, ferocious as a Grizzly bear. “Why don’t we try a little test first. That is, if you don’t mind.” With a droll grin, Coon drawled, “Don’t mind a bit. Your bride’s still got the mojo over me.” He stroked his beard. “Wanna fry some of this hair off my face to prove it?” Sylva’s stomach clenched. It’s not like she really wanted to endanger or hurt anyone, just to prove she could do it.

Zeke wracked his brain for a quick solution. He had a hunch Coon had something to say he wanted to hear. Still, what did he trust? Obvious as blue sky and white clouds, Coon’s powers had increased. About to suggest another part of his anatomy to ‘test’, Zeke stepped back instead, keeping his Sylva embraced. Coon suddenly stumbled backwards, doubling over as if he’d been punched hard in the solar plexus. “Told you,” he croaked out, clutching his belly. “Did you do that, darlin’?” His wife nodded. “I imagined hauling off and hitting him right square in the solar plexus.”
~~~~~~
TO BE CONTINUED...
~~~~~~
Part 1 - 15 ~ see blog ~ January 15th Cometh, then Part 15... and before...
Part 16 ~ 478 ~ see the Kougar’s prior bloggies... or the Passionate Ink forum, the FREE READS page ~
http://passionateink.org/forum ~ OR! Now available on The Romance Studio Forum, January through December 2009 flashes ~ http://theromancestudio.com ~ Click on the FORUMS, then Savanna Kougar ~ the Fantasy Lair ~
~~~~~~

HERE’S A BIG HA-HA... our most beloved country, home of the free, land of the brave, the United States of America, is now ranked at NUMBER SIX in the world as a police state.

Still, GO, STATE OF ARIZONA, GO!!! Do the right thing!

~~~ Do not comply with the corporate Borg. Resistance is victory. ~~~
~~~ WEB CENSORSHIP ~
http://infowars.com ~ Alex Jones for a PEACEFUL REPUBLIC ~~~
~~~ Remember, knowledge and truth make us unfit to be slaves. ~~~
~~~ May the FDA burn in the hell it’s made for all of us, immediately!!! ~~~


HAPPY SPRINGING THROUGH SPRING!

Wish Upon on a Blue Moon New Year...
May your most romantic dreams come true...


Exciting, on the horizon smooches from the Kougar...

3 comments:

Serena Shay said...

Bullying ~ugh~ I was always the butt of some other kids destructive attitudes. I was the girl who matured early, the chubby, shy one who lived in the clouds... Dodge ball was a nightmare, though I was always out early enough to daydream. ;)

I finally learned in High School to find others like myself, of which there were plenty if you knew where to look, and they really were the best of friends. :)LOL...they were all in the arts and lit classes...go figure!

Now I worry about my little one. She is a gentle spirit with an old soul...ripe for the picking of some bully, but from what I understand from her fourth grade teacher is that all the kids in her class love her. They want to be around her and protect her. Thanks goodness!

Savanna Kougar said...

Serena, my heart aches hearing your story. Though, you've come through strong in all the right ways.

Overall, I didn't have a whole lot of problem with bullies... that kind of confused me at first. But later, I knew why. There were a couple of times when a kid started to bully me. This one kid was the neighborhood bully and he had realistic toy rifle that he threatened to hit me with. I have a hair trigger reaction at times that's come to my rescue on a number of occasions. Before I knew it, I'd doubled up my fist and ploughed it into his solar plexus. He doubled over, crying, and later become my friend.
Kids instinctively knew better. Plus, except for that one incident, I never bullied anybody.

Bless your daughter and thank goodness, she's in that kind of situation.

Serena Shay said...

((hugs)) Thanks Savanna!