Monday, January 16, 2012

...it's already the middle of the month...


A kiss is never just a kiss...

After midnight yowls, my groovy, movie-star beautiful Big Cats... warmish, but big-time windy on the tame prairie today... and the stuff blowing in wasn't too good on this Big Cat's lungs. ~cough, cough~
~~~~~~

Authoress news and mews ~

So, it's already the middle of the month. Not only has the time practically disappeared, but it also feels like the year has gone on for too long already... so weird. But, hey, a week from Monday, on the 23rd, is the Chinese New Year of the Water Dragon. We're planning on writing dragon shapeshifter flash scenes for SHAPESHIFTER SEDUCTIONS. And about a month from now will be the Valentine's Day blog hop. Gosh, would this Big Cat enjoy penning a Valentine's Day erotic romance, but so far... not enough time.

Thanks to everyone who commented on the Kougar's Six Sentence Sunday post at SHAPESHIFTER SEDUCTIONS. Very much appreciated!

And, yes, the Kougar's penning on her WIP ~ Her Midnight Stardust Cowboys ~ is progressing well... she only hopes it will continue. PLEASE!
~~~

AUTHORS ~

Want to grab a little free promo time this weekend?
Posted by: "regantaylorbooks@aol.com"
Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:14 pm (PST)

My examiner.com article for this weekend is on pantsers and plotters.

~ examiner.com/writing-in-san-francisco/are-you-a-pantser-a-plotter-or-somewhere-between ~

This isn't my blog -- it's an online newspaper I write for and by virtue of being on line has the option for some pretty wide distribution including an agreement with CBS. Come by and leave a comment, say maybe something like

"One of the best parts of being a plotter in my book "TITLE" was the research I did on matchbooks of the 50's." (or some such). It gets your name, title and website out there.

Regan

***

NOTE: Since the Kougar couldn't post her comment since she doesn't have an FB sign-in account, here it is:

Excellent article, Regan. I never thought of all those elements. Great insights and I like how you detail the process of writing. I fall somewhere between pantser and plotter, as I suspect many of us do. I pay attention to grammar, punctuation, how the chapter develops, etc. However, I don't outline [horrors!], and my characters tell the story, often rather like channeling. Sometimes, I have to persuade them to tell on themselves. At other times, I can hardly keep up. My latest release, Santa Baby, Several Stars Away, is a short story, but began life as what I call a flash story that I simply wanted to write for some Christmasy fun one year. Each day, I wrote a five hundred word flash for my blog, finishing at 9000 words. While I started out with a basic idea for the story -- my heroine, Kaily, wraps herself in a red bow for the hero, Dylan -- I really never knew what would happen next until the scene appeared in my head or on the page. I certainly didn't know that much about the hero's character until he and the heroine began interacting with each other. And since I always write in some type of paranormal subgenre for my erotic romances, I knew Dylan would be out of this world in some fashion. And he was!
~~~~~~

Big Cat by-the-numbers ~

12:12 am... 2:12 am... 2:22 am... 3:33 am... 4:44 am... 5:55 pm... 8:44 pm... 10:10 pm... Volcano’s Angelic Forecast for this week ~ sirenbookstrand.blogspot.com ~
~~~~~~

The most powerful weapon is the human soul on fire.

~ Have a happy and magickal New Year ~

~ MAY YOU ALWAYS HAVE ENOUGH ~

And, May you live the dreams of your heart, not in interesting times...

Groovy, movie-star beautiful kisses from the Kougar...

4 comments:

Jasmine Aherne said...

Yes! Happy Chinese New Year for the 23rd. For me it's a great excuse to cook chinese food!

Savanna Kougar said...

Hi Jasmine, oh absolutely. Love Chinese food.

Serena Shay said...

It is amazing that we are already half way through Jan...time just flies!

Mmm...dragons on shapeshifters, I can't wait!

Savanna Kougar said...

Serena, I swear, so far, 2012 is the weirdest feeling year... and not because of all the hype.

Yep, DRAGONS!!! at Shapeshifters, come one, come all...