Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Mars Lifetime & Tangerine Title Magic

Meow, Big Cats, the Kougar is worn out and ailing. So moi will keep her blog short and simple. Tomorrow, July 24, at the Liquid Silver SEx blog, the Kougar will be the feature blogger ~ her title ~ Once Upon a Lifetime on Mars ~ yowl, here's the beginning...

"Today I let my imagination run wild and free. Just for fun I thought I’d invent or recall, whichever...? a lifetime on the planet Mars. That is, let the movie roll before my mind.
Why Mars? The red planet is prominent in the space news with the Phoenix rover scooping up samples. And, of course, my sci fi spicy heroine in Red Lioness Tamed lives on a Mars moon, her home world, a safe place for cat shifters. Besides, who can resist Ares, the god of war from Xena, Warrior Princess. Not me, even if he is the bad god dude."
And tomorrow, the Kougar will also be blogging at Title Magic, and unveiling her cover art for Tangerine Carnal Dreams. The Big Kitties here already gotten the first tangeriney glimpse. The title is Tangerine Magical Cover Art, and below is the Big Cat's first slanty eyed look at the beginning:
"Short and tangerine sweet, everyone...the unveiling of my cover art for Tangerine Carnal Dreams, coming from Aspen Mountain Press. I placed the banner first, in case, the cover could be considered too risque. While there is no actual nudity on the cover, it is implied since the tangerine pleasure world of Yemisque is certainly clothing optional.
Just before I began this blog I heard Willie Nelson singing...a woman, and a stallion, and the wind..."
At Title Magic today, Anitra presents a quirky fascinating blog and asks about the what movies, tv shows and experiences have inspired stories. Moi's mew-sings below:
I've had some major influences, other than devouring romances since age 13. The Flame and the Flower being the first 'deep impact'. Every movie I've seen that I liked has influenced me, as did all the James Bond novels I read before the movies.
Stars Wars was a blast that hit to my soul, then Indiana Jones. I decided I wanted to be able to write like that movie, the sheer fierce impact of it.
Later it was Buffy and Angel. Xena, Warrior Princess, and the Hercules spin off. Firefly was good too, along with Stargate.
There were some campy half hour shows made in New Zealand that I absolutely luved. Cleopatra *can't remember the rest of it*, but it was futuristic.
Okay, I'm remembering too many now, so it's time to stop. LOL.
Memory lane can be dangerous at my age.

Mars tangerine smooch from the Kougar...

No comments: